The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Wednesday 25 September 2013

The Lovely Larder

I'm inspired by some strange things. I spend too much time reading blogs, but earlier this year I was inspired to look at my larder with fresh eyes. I am fortunate to live in a house old enough to have a proper larder. I've been  collecting jars for some time now (you don't think I'd go and buy a set of jars do you?) This is what my larder looks like, I took these a while ago, and I don't think I tidied it up much. That's home made vinegar on the bottom left, top picture.




Thanks to
Lynne    (a fellow stitcher, musician, journaler and cook)
at 'Textile Treasury' for this appreciation of the simple things in life.
I'm not organised enough to do menu plans tho' that's a bit too much.


4 comments:

  1. Ha! Nina, I've just acquired a few more titles! And don't forget I pinched the idea in the first place - and I have to say, in my defence, that it's BECAUSE I'm not organised, that I find the menu planning board so helpful! Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having given this some thought I realise I manage not by being organised, but by being creative with ingredients. It's the 'hmm what can I make with half an onion and a carrot (again)' syndrome.
      So which title(s) were the new ones?

      Delete
  2. love your work would like a course in east devon or Exeter if any coming up. thanks hesta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Thanks for your kind words, your work is lovely too, I've sent you an email.

      Delete