The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Saturday 21 September 2013

My "Scraps" book in progress

I've been spending more time filling books than making them recently. This one is my "scraps" book. Actually it should be called my 'precious scraps' book because most of these scraps are from particular places, people or events, or are images that remind me of such. Some of these scraps I have had for years, some are from a few days ago. There is a sketch dated 2010, and some pieces I know I've had since art college days over 10 years ago, and a bus ticket from last week. I love doing this book, I could sit and do it all day, but life keeps getting in the way. I hope I finish it before I get obsessed with something else!

After several unsuccessful attempts I managed to do this flip through of it. The book isn't finished, but I like the fact that you can see pages in all stages from finished to barely started. There's a funny bit at the end where I'm scowling at the laptop trying to work out how to stop it. I could have edited this out, but I like those quirky 'I'm not perfect' moments!
Clicking on this image should run a you tube video.


The book contains some of the following:
photos (mine and other peoples), pages from books that I've taken apart, bits from colouring books, sketches I've done, notes, bus tickets, my decorated paper scraps, and others scraps from workshops I've run, paint, songs from wedding and other ceremonies, bits of cloth, a few images from the internet, napkin scraps, magazine and newspaper clippings, photocopies of book pages, stamped and punched scraps.




1 comment:

  1. Lovely to have a project that you just don't want to end :-) Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such great comments.

    ReplyDelete