The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Friday 13 September 2013

Craft workshops

I ran a few workshops this summer. I did a couple for children or adults called 'paper play' The first workshop was a dull showery day and we had a reasonable attendance. They made little books

 Did printing
 and made paper bunting

At the second workshop the sun shone, and mostly adults turned up (and most of them were helpers!) They made some beautiful little collaged concertina cards. This was a much more enjoyable day for me, although not very lucrative. 
I reminded myself that I don't enjoy working with children, although I always feel I 'ought' to. I just feel too precious about my materials, even though they are only scraps of paper, pritt sticks and cheap scissors. I just find it all too stressful. I was making so little money I decided I'd rather do my own thing and earn nothing and at least enjoy myself!
These cards are lovely, and I've been inspired to do stuff like this at home







No comments:

Post a Comment