The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Friday 13 September 2013

Dartmoor Folk Festival

Ok, so I'm easily persuaded that it's ok to just keep bunging everything on one blog! Those who are interested in the sailing will just have to wait until next season, or until we sell the house which ever happens soonest.
As I haven't blogged for ages I've got some catching up to do. I thought I'd break myself in gently with a few what we did this summer stuff. First here's some folky stuff. 
The Dartmoor Folk Festival is a lovely little festival held in South Zeal, a village half an hours drive from here. We emptied Vince's works van, threw a mattress and a camping stove in, and went away for the weekend. The sun shone most of the time and we had a lovely time.

The main stage
 Local morris side the Tinners Morris Men, with their own safety officer!
(ok so he's the festival safety officer, but I thought this looked really funny, I'm easily pleased!)
 One of the many local border morris sides, and a view down the pretty village high street. I'm not dancing with my border morris side now, for reasons I won't go into here, but I have decided to join another ladies morris side this autumn, so more news on that later.
Me in a dress, a rare sight
 Vince, not in a dress

Ah, happy memories ...

1 comment:

  1. reat! Keep on keepin' on, is what I always say! Great phots of the Morris sides - and love the Safety Officer struttin' his stuff! Good luck with the new side your'e joining. we (the Lollies) are dancing out at a waterside pub on Monday night - I hope to god they've got room for us indoors as I think it is going to be wet and windy - NOT FUN!!

    ReplyDelete