The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Sunday 25 September 2011

Open Studios

A little p.s. on Open Studios.

Where do I start? I wasn't very pleased with what I'd made for the 'Organic Arts' Art Trail at West Town Farm. I had some great ideas, and I'll store them away to be acted on one day, but I ran out of time to manifest anything I was proud of. Anyway, I did exhibit some 'stuff', so I supported Organic Arts, and I did my rota duties. I kept quiet about which work was mine, and when it was quiet I got to do my knitting samples, so I was quite content.

The other venue however I found more traumatic. Whilst I'm completely fine talking to strangers, I'm hopeless at 'selling'. Now being hopeless at selling is one thing when you are trying to sell your own work, but being left  with the responsibility of selling someone else's work, hmm, that's much worse! I was so traumatised by it that when I tried to explain to my friend, who didn't really understand as she's quite focused and  comfortable with selling, she sent me home and let me off the rest of my duties. She'd rather be on duty on her own than have me moping about, which is completely understandable.

On Monday I went over and cleared away my books, dismantled the gazebo, took down signs and slunk home. I'll see her in a few weeks and I hope we'll still be friends! On the plus side I sold just over £200 worth of books.

Now, less than a week later I have recovered, tidied my workroom and put some extra shelves in....I didn't take any before pictures! The pink jacket on the back of the chair it to be chopped up for book covers

Oops, a bit blurred, can you see my lovely old press?

My desk, with a view of the driveway and garden

err..this bit's not so tidy
spare bed/futon/big pile of stuff corner
 And today I finished of this lot of half finished books. Slightly frustratingly I can't properly admire or photograph them until tomorrow when the glue has dried.


Stack of drying books
... and finally a couple of cookery books to repair. I haven't done any repairs for ages, and I try and avoid it, because it's not my thing really. But I was asked very nicely by a friend to repair the Mrs Beeton at the bottom, so I shall repair my Good Housekeeping book first to remember how to do it! There's also a book on the top that I didn't finish because I was a bit indecisive about the design.
Cookery books waiting to be repaired

2 comments:

  1. I offer complete and utter sympathy... I would have been a pile of jelly contemplating it, let alone doing it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love peaking into other people's craft rooms ;)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete