The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Sunday 4 September 2011

Open Studion and a bit more wool

For the next two weeks my books will be on display in my friends studio as part of Devon Open Studios. There are 4 of us sharing the space, me, a potter and two painters. I feel very honoured as the potter and one of the painters are well established artists with a following of people who love their work, and the other painter (my friend) is also fast becoming a very popular artist too...and then there's little me with my books!
The first image is a big one, I think if you click on it you can see the paintings a bit better, tho the image itself is a bit blurry! To see some decent images of their work go to
http://www.greenawaybarngallery.co.uk/


general view of the studio



a table of my books
 and, although I've been very good and resisted the spinning wheel while I've been sorting signposts,duty rotas, pricing and stuff, I did succumb to dunking some wool and cloth in some elderberry juice that's been in the freezer since last year.

yummy colours (bit on right is an undyed bit)
 and.... I also dug out some old spun-but-not-washed wool from yonks ago and washed it. There's a yellow batch in there that I dyed with onion skins..

wool hanging out to dry
 And then the cat came to help me roll it into balls....like cats do...

Ahem...thanks mr pook..

No comments:

Post a Comment