The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Monday 12 September 2011

more wool

I'm pretty busy being on duty for the open studios fortnight, but in every spare moment I'm now obsessed with wool.


This is a batch I've dyed. Yellow with onion skins, pink with a fresh batch of elderberries and blue with food colouring. I thought I'd taken more photos but this is all for now. The pink is now carded and ready to spin...it looks like candy floss! I threw some bits of cloth in the yellow and pink vats which have come out all different shades, and then I soaked a white t shirt in the leftover elderberry juice, which is looking quite purpley! I'm pretty random with it all, so I don't know how fast they will be. I might wrap some wool samples and leave them in the sun to see how much they fade. Just need to decide what to do with all this wool once I've spun it. A woolly hat might be useful in the months to come...

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful blend of colours Nina! Im seeing stripes.... x

    ReplyDelete