The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Saturday 29 October 2011

oh dear and lovely......more wool

Look... can you tell I've just got the hang of some image editing software!



I've been to a few spinning groups, it's lovely meeting other people passionate about the same things. At this meeting there were 5 of us with wheels, all different, and one person learning on a drop spindle.
I made the mistake of admiring some black fleece that someone was combing. Uh oh. Before I knew it someone had trotted up the road and brought me back a feed bag stuffed with lovely black wool. That's it tipped out at home bottom left. It's a bit course, but nice and clean and barely needs combing before spinning. Which is more than I can say for the North Ronaldsay, which is starting to drive me nuts as it's so fine, sticky and full if grass seeds. However I'm persevering because I'm pretty sure it will be lovely once it's spun up and washed.
SO..I think if I spun continuously for a few months (or years?) I might get through all the wool I have sitting around the house in bags.
I wonder if that dinky wheel, middle right, will fit on a boat?!

No comments:

Post a Comment