The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Wednesday 5 October 2011

Lots of boats

The Owl and the Pussy Cat have been boat hunting this week


Vince can spend all day looking at and talking about boats

I get bored and go off to take arty photos

Rusty anchor
I became fascinated with the names of boats. Did you know that most boats have names, and that it can be bad luck to re-name a boat unless you do it in the 'right' way? Here are a selection of weird and wonderful boat names that I found.



I assume this is the name of the boat this trailer belongs to?

I don't know what this means (I hope it's not rude?)
but I like the font


lovely shadows
And what also never ceases to amaze me is the number of boats .
Look at all those masts!
You can just see 'Guelder Rose' in this shot...
 that's a nice name.

Apparently there are around 600 boats in this marina
and there's another marina nearby with a similar number...

What a lovely day we had
We found a boat we quite liked.....but I can't possibly tell you any more...it might be bad luck?!

No comments:

Post a Comment