The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Sunday 12 June 2011

sketch every day this week!



Look..this is the first week this year I've managed to do a sketch every day...





What do you mean did I cheat?...

...um well only a tiny bit as I did two today, so I didn't cheat MUCH.
This week I had (predetermined several weeks ago) something specific do draw each day. I thought I was going to find it more difficult but in fact I think I found it easier. Will I keep it up all year, and if so how will I follow it next year? Any suggestions?

Today I've also been photographing more books, I'd forgotten how many I've got. They look so much nicer when I get them out again.

A month ago I was given this lovely little 'book', containing an equally lovely little poem by Roselle Angwin (find her blog here  http://roselle-angwin.blogspot.com/)



It's just a folded piece of A4 paper really, but there's something about the way it's printed, laid out and neatly folded that makes it very special. The fact that I didn't make it helps. When I've just finished making a book all I can see are the faults. I've realised that when I've finished a piece of work, if I put it away for a while it looks so much better when I see it again. I've forgotten that, for example, the top right hand corner didn't stick down as neatly as I would have liked, or one of the endpapers isn't quite straight.

And that's how it was today, I took books out of boxes and thought 'ooh that's nice, gosh I made that', it was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment