The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Tuesday 28 June 2011

The allotment on google earth

Allotment news
I've recently taken on co-ordinating the local allotments. Uh oh. More on that sometime, but for now..
I was playing with google earth. I love it when I have something to research. Isn't it just completely amazing that it's possible to look at places from all over the world, and sometimes to even 'walk' down the streets. It possible for example, if you know where I live, to wander up and down the road past our house, look down the driveway, look into the field and the stable yard...and we live in the middle of nowhere. Someone bothered to drive down our little road and take hundreds of pictures of it and post them on the internet. WOW.
 So...anyway.....I was doing some research and found a picture of my little allotment, (which is miles from where I live by the way) several years ago of course. And there was a technological implication that I could put a link to that view on my webpage (read blog page), so I thought I'd give it a go..


try    THIS

it seems to work..
go and have a look around, it's so beautiful, even in the middle of winter when these pictures were taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment