The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Tuesday 22 January 2013

Snow and sewing


I have been aware this week that other people have been getting all excited about the snow thing and I've been all 'bah humbug' because it makes it difficult for me to get to work (I'm back lambing this week), and impossible for me to do my other work, gardening. Gardening, ha what's that? I've done so little since November because it's either raining, frozen or snowing! 
This morning I went to a new yoga class which was wonderful, so I'm looking forward to more of that, and then, as the ground wasn't actually frozen, I went to the allotment to dig up some parsnips and horseradish to go with the aforementioned beef. And I got SOAKED. It rained and rained (I was home by now) and then it turned to snow, and I thought that actually it looks very pretty, so I took this picture from our sitting room window. (You didn't think I was going to go outside did you?!)
So there you go, pretty snow, I feel better now.....





Do you see the date stamp, that's a long story relating to my new computer, which has sorted all my photos by date, but as I never set the date properly on my camera....imagine the chaos, I won't bore you with that!
This afternoon I got out my lovely hand crank singer sewing machine. I'm planning to take it on the boat with me when we finally go off on our big adventure, to make stuff and do repairs with, so I thought I'd sew up these hatch covers for the boat with it. It needs a bit of attention, I haven't got the correct bobbins for example, but in general it works really well.
I've also been playing my fiddle a lot. I've had it for two years now and have have played it very little. A few of us from the singing group have started a music group. I played a slow but passable version of the Skye Boat Song last night along with a whistle, a harmonica and two guitars. It probably sounded dreadful, but we were pleased with ourselves and we can only get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment