The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Monday 16 July 2012

Morris Dancing


We're dancing out regularly most wednesdays now. Border morris sides tradiotionally blacked their faces (don't ask me why, look it up on google, there are various theorys). But I think black is a bit boring, so I go for something a bit more artsy..

Hat on


Different face, hat off
Our young french lodgers looked a bit surprised when I came back last week, it's the first time they've seen me in my full kit/makeup, goodness knows what they thought, they aren't very talkative!
Here's our fiddle player and a dancer/musician outside a pub in Ide, near Exeter
And here are some of our lot watching Harberton Navy dancing last wednesday at Denbury near Newton Abbot

If you'd like to see us live this is our website
I suppose I should do a link on the sidebar, hmm, might look into that..

No comments:

Post a Comment